A Wide Array of Premium House Siding Products Ideally Suited to Homes in Pennsylvania
You’ve seen them around your town—the ugly siding job, the crooked siding job, the siding job with gaps or cracks, the siding job that doesn’t really match the style of the house, or the siding job that was just done but is already starting to pop off the house. It’s enough to make you wonder if any house siding contractor can be relied on to complete such a project correctly. And, if it’s time for you to replace your siding, that’s surely causing you stress. Don’t worry. At Integrity Construction & Windows, we are committed to providing the best products available along with precise installations, so our customers can count on their siding to look and perform like new for decades. With locations in Altoona and Greensburg, we proudly serve homeowners throughout northern, western, and southern Pennsylvania, including the Pittsburgh metro area, and have maintained a reputation for excellence since 1982.
Flexible House Siding Solutions
It’s difficult to visualize your house with a new face, and that’s where our experienced designers will be able to assist you. With years of experience, we know what looks good and what doesn’t and will make suggestions based on the style and shape of your house as well as your specific tastes.
Most siding companies just tear off your old boring siding and put on new boring siding without any thought about the design. Whether you want a drastic change, a subtle upgrade, or you have a problem with the outside of your home that you’re not sure how to solve, here are some things our designers can discuss with you to make your home exterior unique while hiding imperfections:
- Bump outs– If you need extra space but don’t want the huge cost of putting an addition on your home, our experienced installers can add space with a bump out at a much more reasonable cost. Adding a type of accent or specialty siding to the exterior of the bump out will also improve aesthetics.
- Shakes, shingles, and scallops – Our designers can show you areas of your exterior where shakes, shingles, or scallops in a complementing color will add that extra “wow” factor. Generally, you’ll see these in the eaves of homes, but we can achieve many unique designs depending on the style of your home.
- Vertical siding – You can use it for your whole house, but we also like using vertical house siding as an accent on certain styles of homes. For example, if you have a recessed entryway, vertical siding looks great in the recessed area with a different style of siding on the rest of the house.
- Stone or brick veneer– Having stone or brick veneer installed is an easy way to create the look and feel of stone or brick house without the cost or maintenance that comes with it.
- Real wood accents – With our real NeverStain Hardwood options, you can have real wood without all the expensive and time-consuming maintenance. It can be used as an accent on part of your home, like a recessed entryway or bump out, or you choose it for your entire home.
- Asbestos siding cover up – If your siding is old, it may or may not contain harmful cancer-causing asbestos. If it is in good shape, it won’t necessarily be harmful to leave it up. However, most asbestos siding we encounter is not in the greatest condition. If your old siding is cracked, it can cause moisture that leads to damage or mold. Having this type of siding removed is very dangerous because you can breathe in the dust from the removal process. We have many years of experience safely covering up and sealing asbestos siding, so you won’t have to think about it or see it again.
- Soffit and fascia – What good is having new siding when your aging soffit and fascia will be an eyesore? We offer vinyl, aluminum, and beaded soffit and fascia and can install these components with or without new siding.
- Variegated siding – If you want siding that looks textured, we have variegated options that look like cedar or woodgrain. If your home has any existing wall imperfections, this is a good way to create an optical illusion to hide trouble spots.
- Decorative trim and accents – We carry many options, colors, and styles of exterior accents that match your home’s architectural style including accessories you can use near windows, doors, outside corners, gables, or to create decorative bands and columns.
- Shutters, gable vents, moldings, mantels, and more – Available in many different colors to match, blend, or contrast with your new house siding.
An Extensive Selection of Siding for Your Home
Many house siding contractors offer a limited selection and try to push products based on their own bottom lines. At Integrity Construction & Windows, that’s not how we operate. Rather, we offer a wide array of top-quality siding options and provide our customers with all of the information they need to make an informed choice.
Additionally, we are 100% honest about the advantages and drawbacks of each siding option. All siding has pros and cons (some more than others). Even if you don’t decide to hire us for your project in the end, we’ll give you enough information to help you make a decision that will suit your needs, not ours.
Insulated & Hollow-Back Vinyl Siding
Vinyl siding is a popular option for homeowners who have a tight budget or plan to sell their homes in the near future.
Benefits of vinyl siding:
- Very low cost
- Fade resistant
- Requires minimal maintenance
- More environmentally friendly than many other siding types
- Can be reinforced with foam insulation for improved energy efficiency and to prevent it from denting
- Can simulate other types of siding, such as vertical planks, shakes, shingle, board and batten, and split-log
Drawbacks of vinyl siding:
- Concentrated heat or fire near vinyl siding can cause melting, including the sun’s glare off your neighbor’s triple pane windows with reflective coating (Low E)
- Can dent and pop off over time
- Will show wear and tear more than most other siding types
Composite siding is becoming very trendy due to its ability to simulate deep textured woodgrain. It offers a high-end look at a lower cost than wood.
Benefits of composite siding:
- Long-lasting performance
- Minimal maintenance
- No painting needed, ever
- Better warranty than vinyl siding
- Excellent fire resistance rating
- Stands up to wind better than vinyl siding
Drawbacks of composite siding:
- Requires specially trained contractors to install
- Not environmentally friendly or biodegradable
- More limited width and color options than some other types
Steel siding is our favorite kind to install because every time we drive past a customer’s home who chose our steel option, it still looks brand new—even 30-50 years later. We’ve also never received a call to service a steel siding system we’ve installed. It carries a mid-range price, but we promise the value it provides is much greater than the price increase you’ll pay over vinyl.
Benefits of steel siding:
- Very long lasting
- Superior fade resistance
- Will not show the wear and tear other options do over time
- Finish looks premium, not plasticky
- Very strong and dent resistant
- Verified to withstand hurricane-force winds
- Will hold up to even the worst Pennsylvania winter without damage
- Will not absorb moisture or allow mold/fungus growth
- Birds and insects can’t eat or damage metal
- Available in patterns that mimic the texture of wood
- Environmentally friendly and recyclable
- Won’t chalk, fade, or peel
- Repels dirt and dust better than vinyl and cleans easily in the rain
Drawbacks of steel siding:
- It can rust. However, this is usually only an issue for homes near the ocean and shouldn’t affect homes in Pennsylvania
- Takes a little bit longer to install
- Doesn’t insulate as well. However, an insulated backing can be added to achieve outstanding thermal performance
- Higher cost than some other siding materials
We often recommend against choosing genuine wood siding, such as cedar, spruce, pine, redwood, cypress, or Douglas fir. There are better options available, such as our NeverStain Hardwood, that offer the same benefits without any of the tedious maintenance requirements.
Benefits of wood siding:
- Will outlast vinyl
- Comes in shakes and boards
Drawbacks of wood siding:
- Very high maintenance
- Requires regular painting or staining
- Prone to damage
- Doesn’t last nearly as long as our hardwood options
NeverStain Hardwood Siding
In our opinion, this is the most beautiful siding we offer, hands down. Wood is almost always the most expensive option. However, NeverStain siding is extremely durable as it can easily last more than 50 years and will age beautifully.
Benefits of NeverStain siding:
- Extremely durable
- Weathers beautifully
- Very low maintenance
- No staining, painting, or sealing, unless you want to
- Lasts 50-75+ years
- Insect and bird resistant
- Environmentally friendly and sustainably harvested
- Many different colors and types of hardwood available
- Can be used as an accent or over your entire house
Drawbacks or NeverStain siding:
- More expensive than many other types of siding. However, it’s the last siding system you’ll ever have to install
- Not available in bolder colors like red, blue, green, etc.
- Everyone in your neighborhood will be insanely jealous. In fact, they probably will no longer talk to you
Fiber Cement Siding
Fiber cement is a popular house siding option that can simulate the look of wood but provides much greater durability and less maintenance.
Benefits of fiber cement siding:
- Can look like wood, stucco, or masonry
- Durable and natural looking
- Requires less maintenance than wood
- Fire-proof & termite-proof
- Fairly reasonable cost
- Long lasting
Drawbacks of fiber cement siding:
- High labor costs
- Needs to be painted periodically
- Not recyclable and less environmentally friendly than many other products
- Not very insulating
Brick & Stone Veneer
Brick and stone veneers are often used to create accents to increase the curb appeal of homes. For example, they are often used on columns to create a stately appearance. However, if you like the look of brick or stone homes, Integrity Construction & Windows can install brick or stone veneer on your entire home. It is relatively easy to install, requires little maintenance, and doesn’t show dirt or dust. We have many different options that will compliment any siding color or type.
As your siding contractor, Integrity Construction & Windows can enhance the visual interest of your home with a variety of unique siding profiles. Some of the specialty siding we offer includes:
- Shakes and scallops that won’t crack, warp, rot, or split
- Board-and-batten vertical siding that won’t warp, rot or peel
- Beaded siding for that “early American home” look
- Variegated siding that is multi-toned for the hand-brushed look of stained cedar—perfect for hiding imperfections
Soffit & Fascia
Soffit and fascia are the areas located beneath the roof overhangs or underneath your porch roof. Soffit won’t add curb appeal because you can’t typically see it from the street, but it can become an eyesore when you’re beside your home. Tired old fascia will detract from your curb appeal because it warps and becomes visible. It is directly above your soffit and is the exposed board on the front of the roof’s overhang where the gutters are placed.
Soffit and fascia have an important function on your home and should not be neglected. We can install soffit and fascia at a high discount with your siding or we can install it separately at a very reasonable cost. It comes in vinyl, steel, or aluminum.
Why are soffit and fascia important?
- Soffit has venting that allows a steady airflow, keeping moisture out of your attic and releasing heat during the summer
- Fascia supports the lower edge of your roof shingles or tiles as well as your gutters
- Helps keep animals and insects outside
Installed With the Utmost Skill & Precision
We’ve talked a lot about the benefits and drawbacks of different types of siding. However, the truth is that even the best siding won’t perform as expected if it isn’t properly installed. At Integrity Construction & Windows, we have our own team of full-time siding installers—not subcontractors—handle every project. This allows us to carefully control for quality and ensures that each type of siding is installed to manufacturer specifications.
Despite using the best products and installation techniques, Integrity Construction & Windows offers highly competitive prices. In fact, if a competitor is like us and doesn’t cut corners or use uninsured labor, we can almost always match or beat their pricing.
The experts at Integrity Construction & Windows are standing by to provide you with all of the information you need to make the best choice for your house siding project. Contact us today to schedule a consultation at your home in Pittsburgh metro or any area in northern, western, or southern Pennsylvania.